Vision El Monte

Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web


Sign up below to receive the City of El Monte E-Newsletter.

You are here:   Government > City Manager's Office > Human Resources > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I apply for a vacant position?

You must submit the City of El Monte's Employment Application.  Original signature must be on all Applications.

The Application may be obtained by: Download from the City website,  OR;

Applying in person at the City of El Monte Human Resources Department, 11333 Valley Boulevard, El Monte, CA 91731 during any of our regular business hours, OR

We will keep you informed during the employment process by mail and telephone.  We will notify you by phone and mail if your application has been accepted and when you are scheduled for any test or interview. Typically, you will be notified of your application's status within two weeks of the closing of the application period.

 How often are jobs available?

The City of El Monte hires on a contingent basis. Whenever a position is vacant, we will accept applications for that position.  If you are interested in a position that is not vacant at present, you may submit a Job Interest Card in person. We keep all Job Interest Card information for up to 12 months.  If we recruit for the position listed on your Job Interest Card, we will notify you and let you know the deadline for submission of a City of El Monte Employment Application.

 If I'm seeking to verify the employment of a City of El Monte employee, how can I go about it?

To verify employment by phone, please call at (626) 580-2040 or fax Verification of Employment to (626) 350-6197.

To verify employment in writing, contact the City of El Monte Human Resources Deparment at 11333 Valley Boulevard, El Monte, CA 91731.

How can I find out about career opportunities in organizations other than the City of El Monte?

Try following these links:

State of California Employment Development Department:

U.S. Office of Personnel Management:

Career Partners:


How can I obtain a typing certificate?

Typing Certificates


General Information


City Hall East
11333 Valley Boulevard
El Monte, CA. 91731-3293
(626) 580-2040
(626) 350-6197
Hours:  7:30 a.m. -  5:30 p.m.
  Monday through Thursday

Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays


How are we doing?


Other Resources


Salary Survey


Forms and Applications